With students back in school following the holidays, campus papers are turning their focus to copyright reform. Recent articles can be found in the Manitoban and Carleton's the Charlatan. Update: More coverage from UWO's Gazette and the University of Calgary's Gauntlet .
Archive for January 16th, 2008
The Vancouver Sun has an exceptional masthead editorial today on the Canadian copyright reform process. The paper is clearly concerned with the prospect of a Canadian DMCA and reforms that stifle rather than enable. The paper notes: The good news is that a revised copyright law is expected to be […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 52: Fair Dealing for Film Makers – Bob Tarantino on the Copyright Implications of the Room Full of Spoons Case
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 51: Canada’s Urban-Rural Broadband Divide – Josh Tabish on CIRA’s Internet Performance Data
- Why “Taking On” Google and Facebook Isn’t the Cure for the Media Sector’s Ills
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 50: Ariel Katz on the Long-Awaited York University v. Access Copyright Ruling
- After the Tech-Lash: Digital Policy Priorities in the Post-Pandemic World