Earlier this month, CIGI posted my essay contribution to its series on data governance in the digital age. Data Rules in Modern Trade Agreements: Toward Reconciling an Open Internet with Privacy and Security Safeguards focuses on the policy challenges associated with including data provisions in trade agreements such as the TPP and NAFTA. I also sat down with CIGI for a short video on the essay. It is embedded below.
Post Tagged with: "data"
In time for Data Privacy Day 2009, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada has released new Guidelines for Processing Data Across Borders. The guidelines provides background on leading PIPEDA decisions.
January 28, 2009 — Comments are Disabled — Must Reads
Episode 58: "An Earth Shattering Decision" – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada's Uber v. Heller Ruling
by Michael Geist
Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
June 29, 2020
June 22, 2020
June 15, 2020
June 8, 2020
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)