The Globe and Mail reports on a new McGill study that concludes that intellectual property laws may be stifling innovation and that increased patent protection may hamper future innovation.
Post Tagged with: "ipr"
They may not want to tell anyone what the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement contains, but the G8 nations are willing to set a timeline for its completion. In the final statement on IPRs today, the G8 leaders "encouraged the acceleration of negotiations to establish a new international legal framework, the Anti-Counterfeiting […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology
- What the Federal Court of Appeal Anti-Spam Law Case Means for the Interpretation of CASL
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)