A Quebec court has issued a permanent injunction against Quebec Torrent. ADISQ and AFTPQ, the two Quebec associations that filed suit against the torrent tracker site, report that the Superior Court ordered the site to shut down the section of the site that permitted unauthorized sharing of music, movies, and […]
Post Tagged with: "quebectorrent"
Torrent Freak reports that the legal fight over QuebecTorrent heads to court this summer with hearings scheduled for July in Montreal.
While Demonoid has attracted much of the attention, it is the legal battle over QuebecTorrent that is the real story. QuebecTorrent is a BitTorrent tracker that facilitates links to content, both authorized and unauthorized. It does not host any of the content. The site is facing a legal fight on […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology
- What the Federal Court of Appeal Anti-Spam Law Case Means for the Interpretation of CASL
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)