Athabasca University VP Research Rory McGreal has an op-ed in the Calgary Herald that calls for an amendment to C-32 that would allow by-passing digital locks for any legal purpose.
Post Tagged with: "athabasca university"
With three weeks left in the copyright consultation, Athabasca University President Frits Pannekoek has issued an open public letter to all students urging them to speak out in the consultation. The letter expresses concern about a possible reintroduction of C-61-like legislation and its impact on education. It argues: any legislation […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App