While there is no shortage of fear mongering about Canada’s anti-spam legislation, Ottawa-based law firm LaBarge Weinstein recently demonstrated what most organizations need to do in order to comply with the law as Canada transitions to an opt-in consent requirement for commercial messaging. The key requirement for those companies that […]
Post Tagged with: "compliance"
Canwest reports that the clock has run out on Facebook complying with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's privacy finding. The Commissioner now has two weeks to go to court to obtain an order requiring compliance. Update: Facebook is reportedly ready to file a plan to address the Commissioner's issues by […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 63: Ontario Privacy Commissioner Patricia Kosseim on the COVID Alert App
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada