While there is no shortage of fear mongering about Canada’s anti-spam legislation, Ottawa-based law firm LaBarge Weinstein recently demonstrated what most organizations need to do in order to comply with the law as Canada transitions to an opt-in consent requirement for commercial messaging. The key requirement for those companies that […]
Post Tagged with: "compliance"
Canwest reports that the clock has run out on Facebook complying with the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's privacy finding. The Commissioner now has two weeks to go to court to obtain an order requiring compliance. Update: Facebook is reportedly ready to file a plan to address the Commissioner's issues by […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 88: Ellen ‘T Hoen on Waiving Patents to Support Global Access to COVID Vaccines
- Failing Analysis: Why the Department of Justice “Updated” Charter Statement Doesn’t Address Bill C-10’s Free Speech Risks
- Conservative Party Pledges to Repeal Bill C-10
- Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Signals Canadian Government Abandoning Support for Net Neutrality
- Heritage Minister Guilbeault Traffics in Misinformation and Conspiracy Theory as Cause of Bill C-10 Criticism and Need for Government Speech Regulation