Deirdre McMurdy runs a profile of me in today's Ottawa Citizen. The column focuses on the growth of the Fair Copyright for Canada Facebook group and last week's Copyright MPs posting. While I think focusing on a handful of people runs the risk of missing the much bigger picture – […]
Post Tagged with: "mcmurdy"
The Ottawa Citizen's Dierdre McMurdy reports on what to expect in tomorrow's Canadian DMCA.
Dierdre McMurdy reports on the consumer cost associated with the forthcoming copyright bill. Update: McMurdy also has a piece in the Ottawa Citizen that focuses on the copy-fight.
Deirdre McMurdy reports that "industry buzz" on the forthcoming spectrum auction would delay release of the rules to December 2007 with the auction to follow in May 2008.
Dierdre McMurdy, who is becoming a true must-read on political and lobbying side of telecom reform, has an interesting piece in today's Ottawa Citizen that provides a scorecard for the players in the current round of telecom lobbying efforts.
- The Staffieri or Scott Quiz: Can You Tell the Difference Between the Rogers CEO and the CRTC Chair?
- The CRTC Shrugged: A Special Law Bytes Podcast on the Industry Committee Hearing Into the Rogers Outage
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 136: Jeremy de Beer on SOCAN v. ESA, the Supreme Court’s Latest Endorsement of Copyright Balance and Technological Neutrality
- Supreme Court of Canada on Copyright: “Copyright Law Does Not Exist Solely for the Benefit of Authors”
- Why The Government’s “Policy Intentions” For Bill C-11 Don’t Trump the Actual Text
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)