Deirdre McMurdy runs a profile of me in today's Ottawa Citizen. The column focuses on the growth of the Fair Copyright for Canada Facebook group and last week's Copyright MPs posting. While I think focusing on a handful of people runs the risk of missing the much bigger picture – […]
Post Tagged with: "mcmurdy"
The Ottawa Citizen's Dierdre McMurdy reports on what to expect in tomorrow's Canadian DMCA.
Dierdre McMurdy reports on the consumer cost associated with the forthcoming copyright bill. Update: McMurdy also has a piece in the Ottawa Citizen that focuses on the copy-fight.
Deirdre McMurdy reports that "industry buzz" on the forthcoming spectrum auction would delay release of the rules to December 2007 with the auction to follow in May 2008.
Dierdre McMurdy, who is becoming a true must-read on political and lobbying side of telecom reform, has an interesting piece in today's Ottawa Citizen that provides a scorecard for the players in the current round of telecom lobbying efforts.
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 187: Jeff Elgie on What the Bill C-18 Deal With Google Means for the Future of the Canadian News Sector
- Skillful Negotiation or Legislative Fail? Taking Stock of the Bill C-18 Deal With Google
- Salvaging Bill C-18: Government Upends Legislation To Bring Google Onside the Online News Act
- Accountability and Antisemitism: The Canadian Heritage Committee Needs To Step Up
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 186: Andy Kaplan-Myrth on the CRTC’s Last Ditch Attempt to Fix Canada’s Internet Competition Problem
Michael Geist on Substack
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)