The Canadian government launched a new national task force on spam that includes Professor Geist. The task force will examine current Canadian anti-spam legislation, consider potential statutory amendments, and assess technological and educational initiatives. Professor Geist comments on the enforcement side of the equation in the Canadian Press, CBC National, […]
Archive for May 12th, 2004
The Canadian media, including the Toronto Star and Globe and Mail, provides comprehensive coverage of the formation of a new anti-spam task force, quoting Professor Geist on the need to use the task force as a catalyst for greater enforcement initiatives. see: Task Force Aims To Can Spam also see: […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 66: Ann Cavoukian on Why Canadians Can Trust the COVID Alert App
- Forget Link Licensing and Cross-Subsidies: When it Comes to Tech, Canada Should be Focused on Competition Law and Tax Policy
- How Can Linking to an Article be Immoral When the Media Source Itself Does the Posting?
- The Guilbeault Internet Plan: Leave it to the CRTC and Copyright Board of Canada to Get Money from Web Giants
- Four Million Downloads and Counting: Everyone Should Install the COVID Alert App