Professor Geist spent thirty minutes on the national radio program Rutherford discussing anti-spam legislation and potential Canadian solutions. see: Rutherford Show also see: Knight v. Hutchinson decision here
Post Tagged with: "spam"
Few issues raise the ire of Internet users as much as the unending torrent of unsolicited commercial e-mail, better known as spam, that clogs their e-mail in-boxes each day. What was once generally viewed as a minor nuisance has grown into a monster as users' delete keys wither under an onslaught of e-mails touting get-rich-quick schemes, pornography, and the like.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 66: Ann Cavoukian on Why Canadians Can Trust the COVID Alert App
- Forget Link Licensing and Cross-Subsidies: When it Comes to Tech, Canada Should be Focused on Competition Law and Tax Policy
- How Can Linking to an Article be Immoral When the Media Source Itself Does the Posting?
- The Guilbeault Internet Plan: Leave it to the CRTC and Copyright Board of Canada to Get Money from Web Giants
- Four Million Downloads and Counting: Everyone Should Install the COVID Alert App