Mark Goldberg notes that Konrad von Finckenstein, a federal court judge and former head of the Competition Bureau, has been named chair of the CRTC. Notwithstanding the government's bio, many online observers best remember von Finckenstein for his decision [PDF] to block CRIA's attempt to unmask 29 alleged file sharers […]
Post Tagged with: "von finckenstein"
The London Free Press reports that Judge Konrad Von Finckenstein and Richard Warman, the complainant in the Winnicki hate speech case, have been the targets of death threats from a U.S.-based site. The Canadian Human Rights Commission has stepped up security in response to the threats.
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 105: NDP MP Charlie Angus on Canada’s Failed Digital Policy and His Hopes for the Next Parliamentary Session
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 104: Taylor Owen on What the Latest Facebook Revelations Mean for Canada’s Online Harms Legislative Plans
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 103: Privacy Reform Comes to Canada – Chantal Bernier on the Passage of Quebec’s Bill 64
- Tracking the Submissions: What the Government Heard in its Online Harms Consultation (Since It Refuses to Post Them)
- Failure to Balance Freedom of Expression and Protection from Online Harms: My Submission to the Government’s Consultation on Addressing Harmful Content Online