CBC and CTV, two of Canada’s leading television networks, both provide prominent coverage of the federal court decision involving file sharing. Professor Geist comments in both stories. see: CBC – Online Music File Sharing Legal: Judge also see: CTV – Music Industry Loses in Downloading Case
Archive for March 31st, 2004
Professor Geist comments on CNET and Canadian Press on the stunning Federal Court of Canada decision involving CRIA's request to compel ISPs to disclose the identities of their subscribers. The court denied the motion, ruling that CRIA failed to present the prima facie case needed to warrant disclosure. The court […]
- Broadcast Reform Bill Could Spell the End of Canadian Ownership Requirements
- What You Need to Know About the COVID Alert App
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 11: The “Regulate Everything” Approach – Licence or Registration Required
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 10: Downgrading the Role of Canadians in their Own Programming
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 9: Why Use Cross-Subsidies When the Government is Rolling Out Tech Tax Policies?