Lost amid the coverage of the creation of the Canadian Music Creators Coalition, was the presentation of a copyright petition this week before the House of Commmons. James Rajotte, a Conservative MP from Alberta and rumoured chair of the Industry Committee, presented the petition with the following comments: "Mr. Speaker, […]
Archive for April 28th, 2006
The Canadian Music Creators Coalition has just announced its first live event with a press conference scheduled for the Horseshoe in Toronto on Monday morning. The press release suggests that many more musicians have joined the coalition and that they're interested in meeting with the relevant Ministers. With considerable press […]
- “Get Money From Web Giants”: Why Canadian Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault’s Top Legislative Priority is Risky Business
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?