Bloc MP Carole LavallÃ©e has sent a notion of motion to the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage calling for hearings on Canada’s role at the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement negotiations. The motion states: That pursuant to Standing Order 108(2) the Committee on Canadian Heritage invite the Minister of Canadian Heritage and […]
Post Tagged with: "lavallee"
It did not attract much media attention other than a few tweets, but perhaps the most noteworthy aspect of the Ministerial news conference on Wednesday launching Bill C-32 was the comments from Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore on the possibility on bringing a three-strikes and you're out (or "graduated response") […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 77: The Complexity of Internet Content Regulation – A Conversation with CIPPIC’s Vivek Krishnamurthy
- Beware the Unintended Consequences: Some Warning Signs for Canada from the Australian Government Battle With Facebook
- The Copyright Bill That Does Nothing: Senate Bill Proposes Copyright Reform to Support Media Organizations
- Circumventing Parliament: How Bill C-10 Dramatically Reduces Parliamentary Oversight and Review Over Broadcast Policy
- Afraid to Lead: Canadian Government Launches Timid Consultation on Implementing Copyright Term Extension