Sources indicate that the CBC is set to become the first major North American broadcaster to freely release one of its programs without DRM using BitTorrent. This Sunday, CBC will air Canada Next Great Prime Minister. The following day, it plans to freely release a high-resolution version via peer-to-peer networks […]
Archive for March 18th, 2008
Statscan reports this morning that Canada's sound recording and music publishing industries maintained their profitability in 2006, though at a declining rate. Revenues declined for the sound recording industry, yet the industry remained profitable at 9.5 percent (down from 13.1 percent in 2005). The report importantly notes that Canadian firms […]
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”