A South African government minister says that the digital divide is growing and could have a more devasting impact than the divides of the industrial revolution.
Archive for August, 2004
The Kenyan Communications Appeals tribunal has struck down the monopoly granted to Telkom Kenya as the country’s Internet gateway. The case arose after a consortium of ISPs challenged a regulatory decision denying them a license to create an alternate Internet backbone.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 73: The Broadcasting Act Blunder – Why Minister Guilbeault is Wrong