Last week's WIPO General Assembly is being rightly billed a major victory – the development agenda will continue with all issues on the table, while a diplomatic conference on a proposed Broadcasting Treaty has been made contingent on two prior meetings and the resolution of all outstanding issues (a marked […]
Archive for October 6th, 2006
I'm several weeks late on this, but Canadian Heritage has released the 2005 Music Industry Profile. The most noteworthy data point comes in the introduction – Canadian artists have seen their sales increase since 2001. Sales of Canadian albums have increased from 6.8 million units in 2001 to 8.5 million […]
- Broadcast Reform Bill Could Spell the End of Canadian Ownership Requirements
- What You Need to Know About the COVID Alert App
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 11: The “Regulate Everything” Approach – Licence or Registration Required
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 10: Downgrading the Role of Canadians in their Own Programming
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 9: Why Use Cross-Subsidies When the Government is Rolling Out Tech Tax Policies?