With students back in school following the holidays, campus papers are turning their focus to copyright reform. Recent articles can be found in the Manitoban and Carleton's the Charlatan. Update: More coverage from UWO's Gazette and the University of Calgary's Gauntlet .
Archive for January 16th, 2008
The Vancouver Sun has an exceptional masthead editorial today on the Canadian copyright reform process. The paper is clearly concerned with the prospect of a Canadian DMCA and reforms that stifle rather than enable. The paper notes: The good news is that a revised copyright law is expected to be […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 103: Privacy Reform Comes to Canada – Chantal Bernier on the Passage of Quebec’s Bill 64
- Tracking the Submissions: What the Government Heard in its Online Harms Consultation (Since It Refuses to Post Them)
- Failure to Balance Freedom of Expression and Protection from Online Harms: My Submission to the Government’s Consultation on Addressing Harmful Content Online
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 102: Colleen Flood on the Legal, Ethical and Policy Implications of Vaccine Passports
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 101: OpenMedia’s Laura Tribe on Digital Policy and the 2021 Canadian Election