The Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics has released its study on Privacy Act reform. The Committee only accepted a handful of the "quick fix" recommendations from the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. The NDP supported them all. I appeared before the committee as part of the study […]
Post Tagged with: "ethics committee"
June 12, 2009 — Comments are Disabled — News
The House of Commons Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics has issued a report "deploring" the cancellation of the CAIRS database and demanding that the government reinstate it.
May 8, 2008 — Comments are Disabled — News
Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada's Approach to Copyright Term Extension
May 2, 2022
April 25, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 4, 2022
March 28, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- No Comment: Government Moves to End Debate on Online News Bill Despite a No-Show from Canadian Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez
- Is the Government Seeking to Short Circuit the Senate Review of Bill C-11?
- CRTC Chair Confirms Bill C-11 Captures User Content, Will Take Years to Implement
- Is There Anything Less Convincing than CRTC Chair Ian Scott’s Empty Assurances on Bill C-11 User Content Regulation?
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part Two: This is “Minimal Market Intervention”?!