The University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law and the Privacy Commissioner of Canada are presenting a must-attend symposium on Internet privacy issues on Friday, February 23rd. Confirmed speakers include the Privacy Commissioner, Marc Rotenberg of EPIC, and many of Canada's leading privacy academics. No cost to attend. Details here.
Archive for February 16th, 2007
Episode 65: My Ian Kerr Memorial Lecture – Privacy and Zambonis in the Age of COVID-19
by Michael Geist
August 24, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 10, 2020
Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
August 3, 2020
Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
July 27, 2020
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”
- There Are Many Serious Concerns About Facebook. Why the Australia News Fight Isn’t One of Them