CIRA announced this evening that Bernard Turcotte, its long-time CEO, will be leaving the organization later this year. The dot-ca domain agency is launching a nation-wide search for a replacement.
Archive for August 2nd, 2007
The Canadian Press has a story on the private copying levy that includes comments from David Basskin and me.
The Canadian Heritage sponsored study on copyright collectives by C. Craig Parks has been publicly released. I blogged about an earlier version here.
- Why Industry Minister Champagne Broke the Bill C-27 Hearings on Privacy and AI Regulation in Only 12 Minutes
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 178: Bianca Wylie on Canada’s Failing AI Regulatory Process
- Why the Government is Quietly Undermining Competition Bureau Independence in Bill C-56
- A Reality Check on the Online News Act: Why Bill C-18 Has Been a Total Policy Disaster
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 177: Chris Dinn on Bill C-18’s Harm to Torontoverse and Investment in Innovative Media in Canada