Reports indicate that EMI is thinking about cutting the funding it provides to IFPI, RIAA, and other national recording industry lobby groups. Given that CRIA is promoting the use of the DRM, while EMI has dropped it, this could mean less funding for CRIA just 18 months after the major […]
Archive for November 29th, 2007
P2Pnet has coverage and the court filing.
November 29, 2007 — Comments are Disabled — News
Great parody of the making of the forthcoming copyright bill that rings a bit too close to reality.
Episode 193: The Online Harms Act is Nearly Here – A Backgrounder and Preview
February 26, 2024
February 12, 2024
February 5, 2024
Episode 190: Debating Bill S-210 – Senator Julie Miville-Dechêne Defends Her Internet Age Verification Bill
January 29, 2024
The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 189: The Year in Canadian Digital Law and Policy and What Lies Ahead in 2024
December 18, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- Why the Criminal Code and Human Rights Act Provisions Should Be Removed from the Online Harms Act
- My First Take on the Online Harms Act: Worst of 2021 Plan Now Gone But Digital Safety Commission Regulatory Power a Huge Concern
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 193: The Online Harms Act is Nearly Here – A Backgrounder and Preview
- Conservatives Double Down on Support for Mandated Internet Age Verification and Website Blocking: Why Can’t Canada Get Common Sense Digital Policy?
- More Free Money: Media Lobby Campaigning For Even More Government Funding, Grants and Tax Reform