LibriVox, the remarkable Montreal-based initiative that is creating audio versions of public domain books, just catalogued its 1,000th book. Launched just over two years ago, the site has 1,500 volunteers and is releasing 60 – 70 new books every month.
Archive for November 1st, 2007
Readers may recall the storm over cutbacks to the Library and Archives opening hours. That issue was elevated yesterday as it was raised during the Senate's Question Period.
Industry Minister Jim Prentice has shot down rumours of delays to the forthcoming spectrum auction, indicating that the rules are coming and that the auction will be held as soon as practical in 2008.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 73: The Broadcasting Act Blunder – Why Minister Guilbeault is Wrong