My colleague Jeremy deBeer has posted the last of his exceptional series on copyright resolutions for the government for the new year. They include Listen More, Lose Weight, Keep Promises, Boost Business, and Show Leadership. Each posting is a must-read.
Archive for January 8th, 2008
Appropriation Art, a coalition that represents hundreds of artists, curators, and arts organizations, has posted public letters to Ministers Prentice and Verner. The coalition focuses on three principles: fair access to copyrighted material, the need for certainty of access, and anti-circumvention laws should not outlaw creative access.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 73: The Broadcasting Act Blunder – Why Minister Guilbeault is Wrong