Details on the settlement – which include $125 million payment and new sales of out-of-print books – here.
Archive for October 28th, 2008
The U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act turns ten today. Postings here and here reflect on the legislation, while the EFF updates its report – Unintended Consequences: Ten Years Under the DMCA.
Canadian Heritage has posted a new report by Craig Parks that surveys copyright management issues in the Canadian music industry.
- “Get Money from Web Giants” Grows: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Government Working on a New Data Tax
- An Anti-Digital Agenda: Forget the Digital Policy Reboot, the Government Just Hit Delete Instead
- “Get Money From Web Giants”: Why Canadian Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault’s Top Legislative Priority is Risky Business
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online