Details on the settlement – which include $125 million payment and new sales of out-of-print books – here.
Archive for October 28th, 2008
The U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act turns ten today. Postings here and here reflect on the legislation, while the EFF updates its report – Unintended Consequences: Ten Years Under the DMCA.
Canadian Heritage has posted a new report by Craig Parks that surveys copyright management issues in the Canadian music industry.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 73: The Broadcasting Act Blunder – Why Minister Guilbeault is Wrong