Details on the settlement – which include $125 million payment and new sales of out-of-print books – here.
Archive for October 28th, 2008
The U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act turns ten today. Postings here and here reflect on the legislation, while the EFF updates its report – Unintended Consequences: Ten Years Under the DMCA.
Canadian Heritage has posted a new report by Craig Parks that surveys copyright management issues in the Canadian music industry.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology