Details on the settlement – which include $125 million payment and new sales of out-of-print books – here.
Archive for October 28th, 2008
The U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act turns ten today. Postings here and here reflect on the legislation, while the EFF updates its report – Unintended Consequences: Ten Years Under the DMCA.
Canadian Heritage has posted a new report by Craig Parks that surveys copyright management issues in the Canadian music industry.
- Picking Up Where Bill C-10 Left Off: The Canadian Government’s Non-Consultation on Online Harms Legislation
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 96: More Harm Than Good – My Appearance Before the Senate Transport Committee on a Copyright Bill to Support Media Organizations
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 95: Mark Phillips on the Federal Court of Canada’s Right to be Forgotten Ruling
- Reviving Bill C-10: CRTC Re-Opens Data Gathering Plans To Require Disclosures from Internet Streaming Services
- The Senate Bill C-10 Debate Concludes: “I Don’t Think This Bill Needs Amendments. It Needs a Stake Through the Heart.”