It has now been 50 days since the last CIRA board meeting and the minutes have still not been posted online. Are these delays considered acceptable by the current board? By the government representative on the board? Update (May 14, 2009): The minutes have now been posted.
Archive for May 6th, 2009
The Science, Technology and Innovation Council has released its first public report that benchmarks Canada's science, technology and innovation system against the world's innovating countries. The report includes discussion on the need for open innovation. There is no recommendation or discussion on the need for stronger IP laws.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology