Registration for the conference on the Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law is now open. The conference is scheduled for Friday, October 4th from 12:30 to 5:30 with a reception to follow. There is no cost for the conference, but advance registration is appreciated. Speakers include Carys Craig, Paul Daly, Jeremy deBeer, Greg Hagen, Elizabeth Judge, Ariel Katz, Teresa Scassa, Sam Trosow, and Margaret Ann Wilkinson.
Archive for September 3rd, 2013
With Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam stating yesterday that “Verizon is not going to Canada”, the government’s best hope for “more choice, lower prices, better service” may have been lost. The mere possibility of a Verizon entry into Canada sparked a massive lobbying campaign by the incumbent carriers, who used every […]
- Debating Bill C-10 at the Canadian Heritage Committee, Part Two: A Special Law Bytes Podcast
- Debating Bill C-10 at the Canadian Heritage Committee, Part One: My Opening Statement
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 88: Ellen ‘T Hoen on Waiving Patents to Support Global Access to COVID Vaccines
- Failing Analysis: Why the Department of Justice “Updated” Charter Statement Doesn’t Address Bill C-10’s Free Speech Risks
- Conservative Party Pledges to Repeal Bill C-10