Registration for the conference on the Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law is now open. The conference is scheduled for Friday, October 4th from 12:30 to 5:30 with a reception to follow. There is no cost for the conference, but advance registration is appreciated. Speakers include Carys Craig, Paul Daly, Jeremy deBeer, Greg Hagen, Elizabeth Judge, Ariel Katz, Teresa Scassa, Sam Trosow, and Margaret Ann Wilkinson.
Archive for September 3rd, 2013
With Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam stating yesterday that “Verizon is not going to Canada”, the government’s best hope for “more choice, lower prices, better service” may have been lost. The mere possibility of a Verizon entry into Canada sparked a massive lobbying campaign by the incumbent carriers, who used every […]
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Six: The Beginning of the End of Canadian Broadcast Ownership and Control Requirements
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Five: The Narrow Exclusion of User Generated Content Services
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Four: Why Many News Sites Are Captured by Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Three: Minister Guilbeault Says Bill C-10 Contains Economic Thresholds That Limit Internet Regulation. It Doesn’t.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Two: What the Government Doesn’t Say About Creating a “Level Playing Field”