Earlier this week I was pleased to speak at the monthly Geek Girls Toronto event. Hosted at the Mozilla offices, a sold-out audience showed yet again that there is enormous public interest and concern with recent privacy and surveillance developments. A video of the talk, which focused on the problems associated with lawful access, privacy reform, and surveillance, is posted below.
Post Tagged with: "geek girls toronto"
Episode 92: A Conversation with Senator Paula Simons on Copyright, the Internet and the Future of Media in Canada
by Michael Geist
May 18, 2021
May 17, 2021
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 92: A Conversation with Senator Paula Simons on Copyright, the Internet and the Future of Media in Canada
- Secret Law Making: Liberal, Bloc and NDP MPs Unite to Back Undisclosed Bill C-10 Amendments Without Discussion or Debate
- Rock Bottom: Bill C-10 Gag Order and No-Notice Meetings Means the End of Committee Review is Near
- The Broadcasting Act Betrayal: The Long Term Consequences of the Guilbeault Gag Order
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 91: “This is No Way to Regulate” – Former CRTC Chair Konrad von Finckenstein Speaks Out on the CRTC and Bill C-10