In reflecting upon a remarkable week – the Canadian DMCA delayed until 2008, 15,000 new members of the Fair Copyright for Canada Facebook Group as the total passes 25,000, the Calgary meeting with Industry Jim Prentice, and the avalanche of blog postings and media coverage on Canadian copyright – it […]
Post Tagged with: "user rights"
Professor Geist's regular Toronto Star Law Bytes column (Toronto Star version, HTML backup article, homepage version) examines the recent Canadian Supreme Court LSUC v. CCH copyright decision. The column argues that the case instantly ranks as one of the strongest pro-user rights decisions from any high court in the world, […]
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 103: Privacy Reform Comes to Canada – Chantal Bernier on the Passage of Quebec’s Bill 64
- Tracking the Submissions: What the Government Heard in its Online Harms Consultation (Since It Refuses to Post Them)
- Failure to Balance Freedom of Expression and Protection from Online Harms: My Submission to the Government’s Consultation on Addressing Harmful Content Online
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 102: Colleen Flood on the Legal, Ethical and Policy Implications of Vaccine Passports
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 101: OpenMedia’s Laura Tribe on Digital Policy and the 2021 Canadian Election