The PIPEDA hearings continued on Wednesday with CIPPIC, PIAC, and the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association providing their views. While I was unable to find a student to blog the event, CIPPIC has posted its meeting notes and speaking notes.
Post Tagged with: "piac"
The Globe and Mail reports that the government was thinking about grabbing the more than $600 million sitting in deferral accounts that the CRTC wants used for broadband and consumer groups want refunded. The optics of hundreds of millions of consumers' money going into government coffers while the same telcos […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 52: Fair Dealing for Film Makers – Bob Tarantino on the Copyright Implications of the Room Full of Spoons Case
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 51: Canada’s Urban-Rural Broadband Divide – Josh Tabish on CIRA’s Internet Performance Data
- Why “Taking On” Google and Facebook Isn’t the Cure for the Media Sector’s Ills
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 50: Ariel Katz on the Long-Awaited York University v. Access Copyright Ruling
- After the Tech-Lash: Digital Policy Priorities in the Post-Pandemic World