The Canadian version of the Creative Commons license will be officially launched in Ottawa today. The Ottawa Citizen covers the news, providing background on the Canadian experience and the interest in the license among many creator groups.
Archive for September 30th, 2004
Professor Geist comments on the recent decision by the CRTC to stay its new telemarketing rules as requested by the Canadian Marketing Association. Professor Geist argues that the government needs to act or risk leaving critical protections in limbo.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 20: The Case Against Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 19: The Misleading Comparison to the European Union
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 18: The USMCA Trade Threat That Could Lead to Billions in Retaliatory Tariffs
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 17: The Uncertain Policy Directive
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 73: The Broadcasting Act Blunder – Why Minister Guilbeault is Wrong