The Canadian version of the Creative Commons license will be officially launched in Ottawa today. The Ottawa Citizen covers the news, providing background on the Canadian experience and the interest in the license among many creator groups.
Archive for September 30th, 2004
Professor Geist comments on the recent decision by the CRTC to stay its new telemarketing rules as requested by the Canadian Marketing Association. Professor Geist argues that the government needs to act or risk leaving critical protections in limbo.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App