John Fithian, the President of the National Association of Theater Owners (yes, their acronym really is NATO), has put the Canadian camcorder issue back on the public agenda in the U.S. Reuters reports that Fithian claimed at a press conference yesterday that the success of U.S. authorities targeting camcording has […]
Archive for March 14th, 2007
Several people have written to note that Rogers is warning customers about incompatiblities between Microsoft Vista and Rogers Yahoo Online Protection 2.0. The company is advising customers to uninstall the security protection when upgrading to Vista. Further, Rogers acknowledges that there are security risks because of the incompatibilities.
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”
- There Are Many Serious Concerns About Facebook. Why the Australia News Fight Isn’t One of Them