John Fithian, the President of the National Association of Theater Owners (yes, their acronym really is NATO), has put the Canadian camcorder issue back on the public agenda in the U.S. Reuters reports that Fithian claimed at a press conference yesterday that the success of U.S. authorities targeting camcording has […]
Archive for March 14th, 2007
Several people have written to note that Rogers is warning customers about incompatiblities between Microsoft Vista and Rogers Yahoo Online Protection 2.0. The company is advising customers to uninstall the security protection when upgrading to Vista. Further, Rogers acknowledges that there are security risks because of the incompatibilities.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology