In light of some recent events, the neutrality.ca site as well as the partner site kevin-mcarthur.com will either change ownership or stop existing as of April 25. This development stems from some recent events and the efforts by certain anti-neutrality interests to discourage public participation within the Net Neutrality debate […]
Archive for April 19th, 2007
Interesting report this morning from Australia where a court has ruled that showing two minute clips of rugby highlights within a news report qualifies as fair dealing.
Conservative MP Joy Smith yesterday introduced the Clean Internet Act (Bill C-427). The private member's bill would establish an Internet service provider licensing system to be administered by the CRTC along with "know your subscriber" requirements and content blocking powers. Just about everything associated with this bill is (to be […]
- Why It’s Time to Reboot Canada’s Failed Digital Agenda
- Weakening Net Neutrality: How the Government’s Internet Regulation Plan Abandons the Principle of Equal Treatment of Content Online
- No Policies on Real Issues and Harmful Policies on Non-Issues: How the Government Bungled the Internet Regulation File
- As Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault Plans Link Taxes and Internet Content Regulation, Where Is Navdeep Bains?
- Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Says Social Media Sites Linking to News Content Without Payment is “Immoral”