While it took DFAIT until April 2008 to launch a public consultation on the proposed Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, according to documents I recently obtained under the Access to Information Act, there was an internal discussion paper on the treaty as early as January 2007, months before the first public announcement […]
Archive for April 22nd, 2008
CBC.ca continues its great coverage of the net neutrality issue with stories on the open letter by Charlie Angus and the Vuze report on Cogeco.
The Western Star (Corner Brook, Newfoundland) features an editorial on keeping the net neutral.
The European Commission is conducting a USTR Special 301-like survey on IP enforcement in non-EU countries. The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2008.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App