Barry Sookman, a leading lawyer and registered lobbyist for both CRIA and CMPDA, has an op-ed in the National Post on copyright reform. Jointly authored with Stephen Stohn, the piece says Canada is regarded as a "piracy heaven" and calls for the adoption of "graduated response" – the three strikes and you're out system that has been subject to court challenges and controversy in countries that have attempted to implement it.
August 6, 2009
Share this post
Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada's Approach to Copyright Term Extension
May 2, 2022
April 25, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 4, 2022
March 28, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- No Comment: Government Moves to End Debate on Online News Bill Despite a No-Show from Canadian Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez
- Is the Government Seeking to Short Circuit the Senate Review of Bill C-11?
- CRTC Chair Confirms Bill C-11 Captures User Content, Will Take Years to Implement
- Is There Anything Less Convincing than CRTC Chair Ian Scott’s Empty Assurances on Bill C-11 User Content Regulation?
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part Two: This is “Minimal Market Intervention”?!