The RCMP has arrested a Quebec man after a seizure uncovered hundreds of counterfeit video games. The RCMP release states that "modifying a console and computer is considered an illegal act under Section 342.1 of the Criminal Code and is punishable by imprisonment for up to ten years."
Archive for April 7th, 2010
The transcript of my recent appearance on new media before the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage has now been posted. The discussion focused on a wide range of topics including copyright, Amazon, and the private copying levy.
Episode 58: "An Earth Shattering Decision" – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada's Uber v. Heller Ruling
by Michael Geist
Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
June 29, 2020
June 22, 2020
June 15, 2020
June 8, 2020
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 58: “An Earth Shattering Decision” – Marina Pavlovic on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Uber v. Heller Ruling
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology