The Liberals will be hosting an online discussion their digital policies today at 2:00 pm ET. Industry critic Marc Garneau will host the discussion and they’ve invited me and Steve Anderson from OpenMedia.ca to comment and post our own questions.
Archive for April 11th, 2011
India’s Commerce and Industry Minister has stated that his country will not accept attempts to change global IP policies outside of international organizations like the World Trade Organization. The comments arise out of India’s ongoing opposition to the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement.
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 77: The Complexity of Internet Content Regulation – A Conversation with CIPPIC’s Vivek Krishnamurthy
- Beware the Unintended Consequences: Some Warning Signs for Canada from the Australian Government Battle With Facebook
- The Copyright Bill That Does Nothing: Senate Bill Proposes Copyright Reform to Support Media Organizations
- Circumventing Parliament: How Bill C-10 Dramatically Reduces Parliamentary Oversight and Review Over Broadcast Policy
- Afraid to Lead: Canadian Government Launches Timid Consultation on Implementing Copyright Term Extension