The Retail Council of Canada represents more than 43,000 store fronts of all retail formats across Canada, including department, specialty, discount, and independent stores, and online merchants. It board of directors include representation from Canada’s largest retailers. The RCC’s comments on digital locks in Bill C-32: We join the chorus […]
Archive for October 5th, 2011
The Montreal Gazette has published its masthead editorial on Bill C-11, the reintroduced copyright bill. The Gazette (rightly in my view) says “for the most part the Copyright Modernization Act strikes a good balance between the rights of consumers to use products they buy and those of copyright-holders who are […]
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Six: The Beginning of the End of Canadian Broadcast Ownership and Control Requirements
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Five: The Narrow Exclusion of User Generated Content Services
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Four: Why Many News Sites Are Captured by Bill C-10
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Three: Minister Guilbeault Says Bill C-10 Contains Economic Thresholds That Limit Internet Regulation. It Doesn’t.
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day Two: What the Government Doesn’t Say About Creating a “Level Playing Field”