The Canadian Press has a story on the private copying levy that includes comments from David Basskin and me.
Post Tagged with: "basskin"
David Basskin, the head of the CMRRA, commenting on the recording industry as both prepare for a major hearing at the Copyright Board of Canada on online music downloads, has the following to say about the recording industry and the interests of songwriters and music publishers: "Record companies do not […]
- What the CRTC’s New Registration Requirements Mean for Regulating Everything from Online News Services to Podcast Providers
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 179: Peter Menzies on Why the CRTC Feels Broken Right Now
- The Documents Don’t Lie, Even If It Appears Pablo Rodriguez Does: ATIP Reveals His Office Was Informed Within Minutes of CMAC/Marouf Termination Notice
- The Need for Truthful Accountability: What ATIP Records Tell Us About Pablo Rodriguez and Canadian Heritage Funding an Anti-Semite
- Why Industry Minister Champagne Broke the Bill C-27 Hearings on Privacy and AI Regulation in Only 12 Minutes
Michael Geist on Substack
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)