Twitter has been buzzing for the past day over an Elections Canada reminder that the Canada Elections Act restricts transmitting election results when the polls remain open in parts of the country and that the restrictions apply in all media, including broadcasting, the Internet and social media. The specific provision […]
Post Tagged with: "canada elections act"
Episode 138: John Lawford on the Legal, Regulatory and Policy Responses to the Rogers Outage
August 8, 2022
Episode 135: Co-Chair Emily Laidlaw on the Work of the Government's Expert Advisory Group on Online Safety
July 18, 2022
July 11, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 138: John Lawford on the Legal, Regulatory and Policy Responses to the Rogers Outage
- The Staffieri or Scott Quiz: Can You Tell the Difference Between the Rogers CEO and the CRTC Chair?
- The CRTC Shrugged: A Special Law Bytes Podcast on the Industry Committee Hearing Into the Rogers Outage
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 136: Jeremy de Beer on SOCAN v. ESA, the Supreme Court’s Latest Endorsement of Copyright Balance and Technological Neutrality
- Supreme Court of Canada on Copyright: “Copyright Law Does Not Exist Solely for the Benefit of Authors”
Get Postings via Email
Broadcasting and Telecom Legislative Review Panel Report (BTLR)