Danielle Parr, executive director of the Entertainment Software Association of Canada, posts an op-ed in the Georgia Straight calling for strong anti-circumvention legislation.
Post Tagged with: "entertainment software association"
The Entertainment Software Association conducted a major lobbying event this week in Ottawa, using it to promote copyright reform and the reintroduction of C-61-like provisions. Conservative MP Mike Lake, the Parliamentary Secretary to Industry Minister Tony Clement, said that the bill is a priority for the government.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 63: Ontario Privacy Commissioner Patricia Kosseim on the COVID Alert App
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada