The Globe and Mail reports on a new McGill study that concludes that intellectual property laws may be stifling innovation and that increased patent protection may hamper future innovation.
Post Tagged with: "ipr"
They may not want to tell anyone what the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement contains, but the G8 nations are willing to set a timeline for its completion. In the final statement on IPRs today, the G8 leaders "encouraged the acceleration of negotiations to establish a new international legal framework, the Anti-Counterfeiting […]
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 62: Colin Bennett on What the Schrems II Decision Means for Global Data Transfers and Canadian Privacy Law
- Why I Installed the COVID Alert App
- A Quarter-Billion Dollar Bag of Beans: Responding to Ken Whyte’s Attack on Library Book Loans
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 61: Senator James Cowan on the Extraordinary Battle for a Genetic Anti-Discrimination Law in Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 60: Alberta Privacy Commissioner Jill Clayton on the ABTraceTogether Contact Tracing App