If the amount of blog discussion and private email that I am receiving is any indication, the story about the Sarmite Bulte fundraiser hosted by the leaders of CRIA et al is at a tipping point with the potential to crack into the mainstream political press. There is coverage today […]
Archive for January 2nd, 2006
Following on my earlier posting, my Law Bytes column (Toronto Star version, freely available version) advances my thoughts on how the Sony rootkit settlement could create the starting point for a model statute that protects against the misuse of TPMs. The column repeats my overview of the settlement including the […]
- Broadcast Reform Bill Could Spell the End of Canadian Ownership Requirements
- What You Need to Know About the COVID Alert App
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 11: The “Regulate Everything” Approach – Licence or Registration Required
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 10: Downgrading the Role of Canadians in their Own Programming
- The Broadcasting Act Blunder, Day 9: Why Use Cross-Subsidies When the Government is Rolling Out Tech Tax Policies?