The Tri-City News in Maple Ridge, B.C covers local Fair Copyright for Canada activity. NDP MP Dawn Black describes the bill as a "massive failure."
Copyfight Attracts Local Attention
July 31, 2008
Tags: c-61 / copyfight / Copyright Microsite - Mainstream Media Coverage / dawn black / dmca / fair copyright
Share this post
Episode 168: Privacy Commissioner of Canada Philippe Dufresne on How to Fix Bill C-27
May 29, 2023
May 15, 2023
May 1, 2023
Episode 164: Teresa Scassa on the Latest Canadian Court Ruling on Facebook and What It Might Mean for Privacy Reform
April 24, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- Meta to Test Blocking News Sharing on Facebook and Instagram in Canada in Response to Bill C-18’s Mandated Payments for Links
- Globe Publisher Calls Bill C-18 a “Threat to the Independence of Media” As Government Senate Representative Smears Bill Critics
- Extend the Deadline: My Submission to the CRTC on its Deeply Flawed Bill C-11 Consultations
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 168: Privacy Commissioner of Canada Philippe Dufresne on How to Fix Bill C-27
- CRTC Chair Vicky Eatrides Faces Her First Big Test: Is the Commission Serious About Public Participation on Bill C-11?
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
According to this MP unless an election is triggered in the fall, we’re all screwed. I can’t believe that a bill so corrupt and Draconian will pass all because the opposition doesn’t want to have an election for fear of losing.
Right now I hate Canada!
The Tri-City News covers Coquitlam, Port Moody, and Port Coquitlam. The Maple Ridge News covers Maple Ridge.