J.P. Ellson, the Chair of the Canadian Council of Music Industry Association and board member of the industry’s Balanced Copyright for Canada site, makes some rather surprising claims in a post urging Canadians to join the BCFC cause. After the usual industry talking points on C-32, Ellson implausibly argues: Among […]
Archive for September 15th, 2010
Episode 127: Lucie Guibault on Canada's Approach to Copyright Term Extension
May 2, 2022
April 25, 2022
April 11, 2022
April 4, 2022
March 28, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- Is There Anything Less Convincing than CRTC Chair Ian Scott’s Empty Assurances on Bill C-11 User Content Regulation?
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part Two: This is “Minimal Market Intervention”?!
- Digging Into the Government’s Online News Act Claims, Part One: Compensation For “Use” of News Content
- Keeping the Bill C-11 Implementation Secret, Regulating User Content, and Citing Non-Existent Benefits: Some Reflections on the House of Commons Online Streaming Act Debate
- The Government’s Gaslighting of the Online Streaming Act (Or Why Bill C-11 Regulates User Generated Content)