The WSJ reports on a legal battle between Eminem and Universal Records over royalties due for downloads from iTunes. The court sided with the artist, which would result in a significantly higher royalty rate. The music label has vowed to fight the decision.
Post Tagged with: "royalty"
U.S. Court Sides With Artist in Royalty Dispute, Record Label Vows To Fight
September 7, 2010 — 4 comments — News
Copyright Board Releases Satellite Radio Royalty Decision
The Copyright Board of Canada has released its decision on royalties for music usage on satellite radio. Details here, here, here, and here.
April 9, 2009 — Comments are Disabled — News
Episode 169: Alissa Centivany and Anthony Rosborough on Repairing Canada’s Right to Repair
June 5, 2023
May 29, 2023
May 15, 2023
May 1, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 169: Alissa Centivany and Anthony Rosborough on Repairing Canada’s Right to Repair
- Meta to Test Blocking News Sharing on Facebook and Instagram in Canada in Response to Bill C-18’s Mandated Payments for Links
- Globe Publisher Calls Bill C-18 a “Threat to the Independence of Media” As Government Senate Representative Smears Bill Critics
- Extend the Deadline: My Submission to the CRTC on its Deeply Flawed Bill C-11 Consultations
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 168: Privacy Commissioner of Canada Philippe Dufresne on How to Fix Bill C-27
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .