The CRTC has released its decision on Bell's usage based billing, ruling that it can continue to use the practice with wholesale ISPs, provided that it charges UBB rates to all of its retail Internet customers. Mark Goldberg notes this requirement effectively means Bell will not be able to implement […]
Post Tagged with: "ubb"
The CBC reports that the CRTC has asked Bell to provide specific answers about its implementation plans for wholesale usage-based billing.
The CRTC has approved Bell's request for wholesale usage based billing. The UBB proposal attracted significant public opposition and raises significant competition concerns.
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 100: David Vaver With a Masterclass on Copyright and User Rights
- The Liberal Election Platform: Government Picks Internet Regulation Over Internet Affordability
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 99: “They Just Seemed Not to Listen to Any of Us” – Cynthia Khoo on the Canadian Government’s Online Harms Consultation
- The Conservative Election Platform: Freedom of Expression Commitment Tainted By Support for Payments for Links, Restrictions on Fair Dealing
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 98: Kim Nayyer on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Landmark Access Copyright v. York University Copyright Ruling