While it took DFAIT until April 2008 to launch a public consultation on the proposed Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, according to documents I recently obtained under the Access to Information Act, there was an internal discussion paper on the treaty as early as January 2007, months before the first public announcement […]
Archive for April 22nd, 2008
CBC.ca continues its great coverage of the net neutrality issue with stories on the open letter by Charlie Angus and the Vuze report on Cogeco.
The Western Star (Corner Brook, Newfoundland) features an editorial on keeping the net neutral.
The European Commission is conducting a USTR Special 301-like survey on IP enforcement in non-EU countries. The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2008.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 57: Julia Reda on What Canada Should Learn from the European Battle over a Copyright Link Tax
- Pay to Link?: Canadian Heritage Minister Guilbeault Backs Bringing the Link Tax to Canada
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 56: Eloïse Gratton on Quebec’s Plan to Overhaul its Privacy Law
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 55: Mutale Nkonde on Racial Justice, Bias, and Technology
- What the Federal Court of Appeal Anti-Spam Law Case Means for the Interpretation of CASL