Privacy Commissioner of Canada Jennifer Stoddart has issued her annual Privacy Act report, which chronicles the year in privacy from a public sector privacy perspective. The report places the spotlight on the ongoing frustration with a woefully outdated privacy law and the mounting concern with identity theft, cross-border data transfers, […]
Archive for October 17th, 2007
"The industry, rather than embracing digitalization and the opportunities it brings for promotion of product and distribution through multiple channels, has stuck its head in the sand. Radiohead's actions are a wake-up call which we should all welcome and respond to with creativity and energy." – EMI Chairman Guy Hands
A Montreal law student has launched a class action lawsuit against Apple over inflated iPod storage claims.
- The LawBytes Podcast, Episode 66: Ann Cavoukian on Why Canadians Can Trust the COVID Alert App
- Forget Link Licensing and Cross-Subsidies: When it Comes to Tech, Canada Should be Focused on Competition Law and Tax Policy
- How Can Linking to an Article be Immoral When the Media Source Itself Does the Posting?
- The Guilbeault Internet Plan: Leave it to the CRTC and Copyright Board of Canada to Get Money from Web Giants
- Four Million Downloads and Counting: Everyone Should Install the COVID Alert App