"Bill C-61 was tabled last week, and according to Industry Minister Jim Prentice it is a "win-win" bill. I suppose it is if you consider the winners to be the government and a segment of the entertainment industry. If you consider the public and the rest of the entertainment industry, we would probably fall under the "semi-loser" category."
June 25, 2008
Tags: c-61 / copyright / Copyright Canada / Copyright Microsite - Mainstream Media Coverage / dmca / north shore news / prentice
Share this post
Episode 138: John Lawford on the Legal, Regulatory and Policy Responses to the Rogers Outage
August 8, 2022
Episode 135: Co-Chair Emily Laidlaw on the Work of the Government's Expert Advisory Group on Online Safety
July 18, 2022
July 11, 2022
Search Results placeholder
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 138: John Lawford on the Legal, Regulatory and Policy Responses to the Rogers Outage
- The Staffieri or Scott Quiz: Can You Tell the Difference Between the Rogers CEO and the CRTC Chair?
- The CRTC Shrugged: A Special Law Bytes Podcast on the Industry Committee Hearing Into the Rogers Outage
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 136: Jeremy de Beer on SOCAN v. ESA, the Supreme Court’s Latest Endorsement of Copyright Balance and Technological Neutrality
- Supreme Court of Canada on Copyright: “Copyright Law Does Not Exist Solely for the Benefit of Authors”