KEI posts the RIAA's demands for ACTA as submitted to the USTR earlier this year.
RIAA Demands for ACTA
June 29, 2008
Tags: acta / anti-counterfeiting trade agreement / copyright / Counterfeit / counterfeiting / kei / RIAA
Share this post
Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
March 20, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 6, 2023
February 27, 2023
Episode 156: Senator Paula Simons on Why the Government Should Accept the Senate’s Bill C-11 Fix on User Content Regulation
February 13, 2023
Search Results placeholder
- The Biden Visit to Canada: Why Digital Policy is Emerging as a Serious Trade Tension
- The Government’s Fishing Expedition: Why the Bill C-18 Motion Establishes a Dangerous Precedent For Those Who Dare to Oppose Legislation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Warns on Government-Backed Bill C-18 Motion: “A Serious Threat to the Privacy of Canadians”
- The Law Bytes Podcast, Episode 160: Peter Carrescia on Why Patents Won’t Solve Canada’s Innovation Problem
- Government-Backed Motion Demands Disclosure of Years of Third-Party Communications With Google and Facebook in Retribution for Opposing Bill C-18
Law, Privacy and Surveillance in Canada in the Post-Snowden Era (University of Ottawa Press, 2015)
The Copyright Pentalogy: How the Supreme Court of Canada Shook the Foundations of Canadian Copyright Law (University of Ottawa Press, 2013)
From “Radical Extremism” to “Balanced Copyright”: Canadian Copyright and the Digital Agenda (Irwin Law, 2010)
In the Public Interest: The Future of Canadian Copyright Law (Irwin Law, 2005) .
In other words all of society, our whole telecommunications infrastructure, legal sysem, manufacturing, border controls, police priorities etc must all be restructured to serve their outmoded 1955 business model.
Sort of a notice-and-death model.
“Sir, do you have a license for that blank CD-R? No? You’re under arrest.”
The only thing that makes these demands unfunny is that the Harper government will doubtless grant them all. We need an election! I like Dion fine, but if he doesn’t do his job he should be booted out in favour on someone who will.
this is rediculous!
I guess the New World Order and Big Brother are manipulating the laws by trying to turn Canada into a police state too! It’s time for Canadians to keep fighting this and keep our what little freedoms we have left!
In Soviet Russia…
Jesus, the bit about requiring government licensing for disc-pressing equipment is straight out of the old Soviet Union (all printing presses had to be licensed to identify the source of “seditious” printed material)
Will ACTA tattle on me if I …
… try to download VLC? ([ link ])
… try to download a Linux OS?
I think i will have a bowl of what the RIAA and the CRIA
Must be some really good shit
My 2 Watts